The study, conducted by the University of Michigan, and in view of almost three centuries of medicinal use of ginger, we can now assume with certainty that ginger root not only kills ovarian cancer cells, but also cells of prostate cancer, while demonstrating zero toxicity.
Indeed, among the well-known natural drugs ginger has long been used for treating inflammatory processes and nausea, but the results on the session of the American Association for Cancer Research, show that in all cases where the ginger powder is used to affect the cancer cells, they all died as a result of substances contained in ginger. In medicine, a process called apoptosis (cell suicide). In the presence of ginger, the cells attack each other, which is called the process of autophagy.
While ginger is considered a good natural remedy for those who are undergoing chemotherapy, it was found that it itself can be used in large quantities for a cure for cancer.
In the British Journal of Nutrition was published the US study, found that ginger extract (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) can stop the development of prostate cancer cells in humans when ingested in a daily dose of 100 mg per kg of body weight.
Among the benefits of ginger is the fact that it is completely non-toxic, even when used in very high doses, and opens the possibility for patients to avoid the very unpleasant side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. The American Cancer Society study acknowledges that more than 15% of men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and more than 20,000 American women will be detected ovarian cancer this year. In many of these cases, ginger root can bring real benefits.
There is also study in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine which found that cancer cell growth may be inhibited by the active substances in ginger root having angiogenic properties. The studies have shown that this powerful plant is very useful for the prevention and treatment of ovarian cancer.
The use of ginger for medicinal purposes
- Since ginger is rich in antioxidants, it allows its use in the treatment of colds and viral diseases. At the first sign of a cold it’s enough to drink hot tea with ginger and honey. Immune system of the body itself is sometimes not able to cope with the looming threat of the disease, so abundant, frequent drinking with crushed ginger root will greatly facilitate the work of the human immune system .
- For osteoarthritis is good to apply grated ginger on the affected area and the pain will disappear.
- In diseases of the spine, scoliosis and rheumatism will help you a bath with a decoction of ginger. .
- The powders and extracts of ginger are used internally for gastro-intestinal diseases, such as intestinal colic, gastritis, even in the treatment of viral hepatitis and dysentery.
- In dentistry, ginger has found its application as an analgesic and a powerful antiseptic. Perhaps Ginger – it is the only nutritional supplement that can be recommended after a meal. In addition to its antiseptic properties, essential oils freshen the mouth for a long time and do not cause side effects. Chewing a small piece of ginger root, saliva enzymes are mixed with juice and saturated with antioxidants. Treated thus saliva get into the stomach and has antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effect on gastric mucosa.