Useful properties of white cabbage
- White cabbage has rare useful properties and excellent taste qualities. It surpasses the beets, carrots, trout, turnips and a number of other vegetables according to the protein content. The protein contained in the cabbage is the source of essential amino acids necessary for the normal functioning of the thyroid, kidneys and the hematopoietic system.
- Cabbage contains a lot of organic acids, phytoncides, enzymesa and potassium – a very important alkaline element for the work of the heart muscle. In early green cabbage and cabbage leaves is contained a folic acid – an active substance that improves metabolism in the body and provides normal hematopoiesis.
- White cabbage is a rare natural multicomplex of vitamins, which saves us all year round from vitamin deficiency. Contained in cabbage zinc, it is easily assimilated by the body and thus provides a normal metabolism. It still has a rare trace element – selenium, as well as glucose. These substances are needed to power all cells. In cabbage there is practically no starch and sucrose, it is rich in pectin and fiber. This advantage of the plant should be used in patients with diabetes mellitus and obesity (excessive body weight).
- Cellulose of cabbage removes excess cholesterol from the body and normalizes the microflora, thereby preventing dysbacteriosis. Cabbage is also effective in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
- The human body needs lactic acid, which is contained in white cabbage. Cabbage serves us as a leading supplier of rare vitamins, including vitamin U, providing an antiulcer effect. This vitamin helps not only to heal ulcers, but also has anti-allergic and anti-sclerotic effects. Cabbage contains many other useful substances that have a harmful effect on pathogenic bacteria, including intestinal bacteria.
Recipes of traditional medicine with the use of white cabbage
- Apply fresh cabbage leaves to the sore spots to relieve the inflammation, any pain, especially the headache.
- Cabbage leaf will help you and with thrombophlebitis (varicose veins of the extremities). Roll a fresh cabbage leaf with a rolling pin, grease one side with vegetable oil and attach this side to the thrombophlebitis affected areas, reinforcing with a bandage during a day. Duration of treatment is one month.
- If you cook dishes with cabbage, make sure to cook it for a short time (10-15 minutes), you will get a laxative effect while with prolonged cooking (30-40 minutes) – the fixing effect.
- Freshly squeezed cabbage juice is useful in peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, gastritis with insufficient content of gastric juice, colitis (ulcerative including), intestinal atony, cholecystitis, constipation and tumors. The composition of cabbage juice includes tartronic acid, which slows the process of converting carbohydrates into fats, which is very important for people with excessive body weight.
- If you suffer from atherosclerosis, drink half a glass of fresh cabbage juice 15 minutes before eating (it lowers cholesterol in your blood). Remember: you always need to start taking cabbage juice from a small dose, gradually increasing it. This is due to the fact that the essential oils contained in the cabbage can cause an exacerbation of chronic diseases of the digestive system.
- In case of sore throat, mix fresh cabbage juice with boiled warm water in equal proportion (1: 1) and rinse the throat and mouth cavity.
- Warm fresh cabbage juice with sugar or honey will help you with hoarseness, cough and sharp catarrh of the upper respiratory tract. (Take three times a day for half a cup of juice).
- To prevent the development of the common cold and flu, three times a day, drip 3-4 drops of cabbage juice into each nostril.
- For treatment of mastitis, apply a compress of fresh cabbage leaves on the breast, change it three to four times a day until complete cure.
- For people with diabetes, traditional medicine recommends drinking sauerkraut juice, which contains a lot of lactic acid. Sauerkraut is very useful for elderly people, they need to use it moderately every day.