Soft and juicy avocados are now appreciated all over the world for its useful properties. This exotic fruit promotes weight loss and splits excess cholesterol in the blood. It improves memory and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. And in Mexico, avocados are used as an aphrodisiac, believing that its pulp has an exciting effect. But this is not all the virtues of this plant.
In our market, avocados appeared a dozen years ago, but what this fruit is and what it is eaten for, so far few know. We decide to tell you 13 secrets of this green-haired fruit, after getting acquainted with them you will use it very often!
Avocado in its taste and composition resembles a vegetable. People have long considered it a nut, but still it is a vegetable. The native land of the avocado is Mexico and Central America.
- Avocado contains a large number of nutrients and thanks to this gives a feeling of satiety. At the same time, despite the high caloric content, it is actively used in diets. Polyunsaturated acids, which are part of the avocado, contribute to the process of weight normalization.
- A real vitamin bomb (it contains vitamins such as A, PP, E, F, D, and Group B). And also contains minerals: magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, calcium, sodium, iodine.
- Potassium in avocado normalizes the activity of cardiovascular system and prevents the development of hypertension.
- Removes inflammation, dulls pain in arthritis and arthrosis. And thanks to antiseptic and moisturizing properties is actively used in cosmetology.
- In the avocado there are biologically active substances that promote the rejuvenation of the body and prolong youth.
- Reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood and increases the amount of so-called ‘’good’’
- This fruit is highly recommended for pregnant and lactating mothers. It contains folic acid and vitamin B6, necessary for the normal development of the fetus in pregnant women.
- Avocado oil – the most ecologically friendly of all known vegetable oils, superior in nutritional value, taste, vitamin and trace elements.
- Maintains a stable level of sugar in the blood and reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Useful for the whole digestive system and helps with constipation.
- Supports in good condition the bones and teeth, thanks to the content of calcium and phosphorus. Phosphorus is also necessary for increasing mental activity.
- Zeaxanthin and lutein – two powerful antioxidants that are contained in avocados, are officially recognized as substances that can prevent blindness and normalize vision.
- This miracle fruit can relieve depression and improve your mood!
Now you know how useful this excellent fruit is! Avocado gives a delicate taste to salads and sandwiches. Perfectly combines with red fish, shrimps and poultry meat. The flesh of avocado is good, being smeared into pieces of crusty bread.