Garlic is arguably one of the world’s most versatile and healthiest foods.
While you can use garlic to add some serious flavor to any dish, garlic also has quite the long list of health benefits as well. That’s why we’re here to break down how you can benefit from these major remedies and how you can grow your own supply of this amazing super-food in your very own backyard!
This veggie packs a healthy portion of essential nutrients. It does not contain many calories, and offers an abundance of selenium, vitamin C, manganese, calcium, and potassium.
But, first, let’s go through some of the benefits provided by organic garlic:
Compounds in garlic reduce the risk of developing heart diseases. Garlic eases the processing of cholesterol, and it also helps patients with hypertension.
Garlic is also known to boost the immune system and can help combat sickness like the common cold. Research has also shown that incorporating garlic into your daily diet can reduce your risk of getting sick by up to 60%! This can be especially useful if you’re someone prone to getting colds.
Garlic contains potent compounds that help in preventing cancer, which is why you should eat it more often.
Grow garlic at home
All you need to do is follow these simply 5 steps:
- Break up the garlic bulb into cloves and bury them a couple inches deep in loose, damp soil.
- Make sure you keep the pointed side of the clove facing upwards.
- When your garlic sprouts, make sure to give them water when the topsoil feels dry but be sure to not over-water – garlic tends to not need too much water.
- Cut off any flowers that bloom to preserve the flavor of your garlic.
- Once your garlic plant has 5 or 6 leaves, it’s ready to be pulled up!
That is all it takes. Enjoy your organic garlic, because it is the only way to get the best quality.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.